What to Expect after VSG Surgery

Friday, September 1, 2017

I had VSG surgery in Tijuana Mexico on April 25th 2017, and since then I’ve had nothing but a positive experience. Of course with any procedure there is a learning curve each person must go through as this is a life change. For me it feels so different to have food in front of me that I love to eat, but I’m only able to have a fraction of it. As a result, food don’t really drive me the way it used to. Now I get excited over new outfits and taking selfies. I guess it’s because since I know I’m not going to be able to finish it, I don’t get excited about meals anymore. I still very much enjoy food, except now I eat for nourishment and not to indulge.  

 

What to Expect :

 

·         You will only be able to eat a small portion of food at one sitting (which is the point of the procedure)

·         Expect a level of uncomfortably if you try to eat and drink at the same time

·         Expect to always have a doggie bag with you if you go out to eat (at least I do)

·         Expect to try and consume up to 90 grams of protein a day. This can be accomplished by eating meat or liquid protein like premier protein for example.

·         You must stay hydrated because if you don’t, you will begin to have a light headed feeling  (dizziness)

·         Stay away from slider foods. Slider foods are food that can be consumed in large quantities without having a “Full” feeling.  Some examples would be popcorn, chips, cheese doodles,  milk shakes etc.    

·         You will not experience a dumpling syndrome with the sleeve procedure

 

Because the Sleeve procedure is less invasive than Gastric Bypass, you may lose weight slower than a bypass patient. To offset this, light to moderate exercise and eating right should speed up your weight loss nicely.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top